Turning Point is committed to your privacy. Confidentiality is the backbone of our service delivery. We understand that the nature of the information divulged by you may be sensitive and we acknowledge that you may share details of your life of personal significance to you and others who may have been affected, in the past or present. We will endeavour to implement the best security practices when we document such information in text [written or computerised] or oral form.
Whatever information you share with us shall be maintained as confidential. Our code of ethics does not permit us to divulge any client information in public or private domains in any manner that compromises a person’s identity. We thank you for choosing our services and will do our best to honour your trust and address the issues for which you have consulted us, with utmost professionalism and confidentiality.
Please be aware that when we render our services it requires us to know who you are so that we can best meet your needs. When you access the services, or interact with us via email, phone, in person, or other correspondence, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you.
In this regard, ‘User’ ‘End User’ or ‘you’ refers to client or patient or their representative/s or affiliates who avail of services at Turning Point, ‘services’ refer to consultations and therapies whether online or in person or on-site, ‘we’ ‘us’ ‘organisation’ refers to TURNING POINT, Centre for Psychological Assessments, Counseling and Therapies, Bengaluru.
You hereby consent to the collection of such information by us. Information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- contact data (such as your name, email id, address and phone number);
- demographic data (such as your gender, occupation, age and your pin code);
- data regarding your usage of services and history of consultations made by or with you in the past and present with us and with other service providers;
- any information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as information shared by you with us through emails or letters.)
The information collected from you by us may constitute ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive personal data or information’.
“Personal Information” is defined as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
“Sensitive Personal Data or Information” of a person means personal information about that person relating to (but not limited to) the following:
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card
- details or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- information received by body corporate under lawful contract or otherwise;
- visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter;
- call data records.
Collection, Use, Storage and Transfer of Personal Information will include the type of information collected from users, including sensitive personal data or information; the purpose, means and modes of usage of such information; and how and to whom Turning Point will disclose such information.
- i. the fact that the information is being collected;
- ii. the purpose for which the information is being collected;
- iii. the intended recipients of the information;
- iv. the name and address of the agency that is collecting the information and the agency that will retain the information; and
- v. the various rights available to such Users in respect of such information.
ALL USERS NOTE:
- i. Contacting End-Users for offering new products or services.
- ii. Contacting End-Users for taking product and Service feedback.
- iii. Analyzing software usage patterns for improving services and utility.